Accept and Decline Booking Requests
After you activate the AnyRoad Plugin, there are two ways to accept booking requests:
- Manually accept each booking request yourself
- Automatically accept bookings based on live availability
By default, every experience that you publish is set to manually accept booking requests. If you would like to change the way bookings are accepted in any of your experiences, you can read more details here.
Manually Accepting Booking Requests
Manually accepting or declining bookings is good for experiences where you want to review each booking first or have additional communication with guests before accepting. It can also be useful for experiences where you want to allow additional requests for an experience even if it's fully-booked.
When a guest requests a booking, they enter their credit/debit card information and we place an authorized hold on their card for the booking amount or deposit. When you accept the booking, we charge the guest's card the full amount and collect the funds. If you decline a booking, the temporary hold is released and there is no charge to their card.
Credit/debit card holds are valid for 7 days. If you don't accept or decline a booking within 7 days the booking request expires and we release the hold automatically. An automated email is sent to your guest telling them that the booking was declined and you receive another one as well. These bookings appear in your Booking List as "Expired".
Every time you receive a new booking request we notify you via email, text message, and in your Dashboard. You can respond to booking requests on your computer, phone, or even via text message.
Guest Booking Experience
When a guest visits one of your activities on the AnyRoad Plugin, they are asked to select the number of people in their group, the desired start date, and experience time. Then, they need to click on the " Request Booking" button to proceed to the Checkout Page, where we capture all of their details including payment information and place an authorization hold on their credit/debit card for the booking amount or deposit.
Once your guests submit their booking request, the confirmation page lets them know that the booking is not confirmed until you accept it. Guests also receive an email confirming their booking request and letting them know that you will get in touch within 24 hours
You're notified about a new booking request via three methods:
- Email - you receive a Booking Request email to the email address on your account as soon as the booking request is submitted
- Text Message - you receive a text message to your phone if you've enabled this setting on your account
- AnyRoad Dashboard - you see a new booking request in your Dashboard
As soon as a guest submits a booking request, you receive a new Booking Request email with the booking details including any comments the guest submitted. You can accept, decline, or reschedule the booking directly from this email via your computer or mobile phone.
If you have the SMS notifications enabled on your account, you will receive a text message notifying you about the booking request. You can accept or decline the booking directly by simply replying to the text message.
If you would not like to receive Text Messages for booking requests, you can turn that setting off in your Account Settings.
When you receive a new booking request, a notification appears in your Dashboard above " New Booking Requests" and on the left-hand menu next to "Bookings".
Accepting Booking Requests
Besides accepting bookings directly from email or text message, you can accept, decline and reschedule booking requests from your Dashboard. Here is how you can do so:
1. Click "Bookings" on the left-hand menu.
Booking Requests appear at the top of the list view under " Pending".
Or they show up on the calendar view with an orange color highlight.
2. Select the booking to see the details
The Booking Request includes the guest's information, price summary, and guest comments. You can expand the price summary (green down arrow next to total) to see the price details.
3. Accept, decline or reschedule the booking
You can take a number of actions on the pending booking:
- Accept - When you accept a booking, the guest's credit/debit card is immediately charged the total booking amount and we collect the funds. Both you and your guest receive a Booking Confirmation email and the booking changes to a confirmed status. If there is a deposit on the experience, the deposit is collected and the remaining balance is scheduled to be automatically charged to the same credit/debit card before the experience.
- Decline - When you decline a booking, we release the credit/debit card held on the guest's card and there is no guest charge. Your guest receives an email letting them know their booking request was declined. The booking changes to declined status.
- Reschedule - If you would like to reschedule the booking for another time, please firstly agree with the guest. Once agreed, you can simply change the time of the booking and then accept the booking for the new time. To do that, you can click on More --> Edit Booking, and you can change the Start Date and Start Time of the booking.
Once the booking request is accepted, the guest's credit/debit card is immediately charged and the guest receives a confirmation email with the new time. When rescheduling, please be sure to accept the booking within 7 days otherwise the credit card hold and the booking will expire.
On a pending booking, you can also send a message to the guest and edit the guest's information.
Once accepted, a Pending Request changes to a Confirmed Booking. The payment status will change to "Paid", or "Deposit Paid" in case you require deposits.
Automatically Accepting Bookings
Automatically accepting bookings is good for group experiences, where you have a set number of spots available and automatically accept multiple bookings until the capacity is filled. It can also be useful if you are happy accepting online bookings without reviewing them first.
Before enabling automatic bookings, be sure to set the correct maximum capacity for your experiences. Bookings will be automatically accepted up to your maximum capacity. When the capacity fills for a certain timeslot, that timeslot is no longer available to book online. You can also adjust the maximum capacity for individual timeslots yourself.
For automatically accepted bookings, when guests book your experience online, they enter their credit/debit card information and are immediately charged the total booking amount or deposit when they submit the booking . The confirmation page lets them know the booking is confirmed and also receive an email confirming their booking request.
Every time a booking is automatically accepted for one of your experiences, you are informed in the same ways as in the Manually accepted bookings:
- Text Message (if you don't want to receive text messages, you can turn that setting off in your Account Settings)
- AnyRoad Dashboard
If you get a lot of automatic bookings and would prefer not to receive the confirmation emails, we can enable selective confirmation emails for you. This means that instead of receiving all the confirmation emails, you will only receive the ones where a guest adds a comment or a question when they submit their booking.
If you have any additional questions, you can contact our Customer Experience team at firstname.lastname@example.org.