How To Accept Booking Requests
After you activate the AnyRoad Plugin, there are two ways to accept booking requests:
- Manually accept each booking request yourself
- Automatically accept bookings based on live availability
By default, every tour or experience that you publish is set to manually accept booking requests. If you'd like to change any of your tours or experiences to automatically accept bookings, just contact us and we can set it up for you.
Manually Accepting Booking Requests
Manually accepting or declining bookings is good for tours/experiences where you want to review each booking first or have additional communication with guests before accepting. It can also be useful for tours/experiences where you want to allow additional requests for a tour/experience even if it's booked.
When a guest requests a booking, they enter their credit/debit card information and we place an authorized hold on their card for the booking amount or deposit. When you accept the booking, we charge the guest's card the full amount and collect the funds. If you decline a booking, the hold is released and there is no charge to their card.
Credit/debit card holds are valid for 7 days. If you don't accept or decline a booking within 7 days the booking request expires and we release the hold automatically. We send an email to your guest telling them the booking was declined and we let you know. These bookings appear in your Booking List as "Expired".
Every time you receive a new booking request we notify you via email, text message and in your Dashboard. You can respond to booking requests on your computer, phone or even via text message.
Guest Booking Experience
When a guest visits one of your activities on the AnyRoad Plugin they are asked to select the number of people in their group, the desired start date and tour time. They then need to click on the " Request Booking" button to proceed to the Checkout Page, where we capture all of their details including payment information and place an authorized hold on their credit/debit card for the booking amount or deposit.
Once your guests submit their booking request, the confirmation page lets them know that the booking is not confirmed until you accept it. Guests also receive an email confirming their booking request and lets them know that you will get in touch within 24 hours.
You're notified about a new booking request via three methods:
- Email - you receive a Booking Request email to the email address on your account as soon as the booking request is submitted
- Text Message - you receive a text message to your phone if you've enabled the setting on your account
- AnyRoad Dashboard - you see a new booking request in your Dashboard
As soon as a guest submits a booking request, you receive a new Booking Request email with the booking details including any comments the guest submitted. You can accept, decline or reschedule the booking directly from this email via your computer or mobile phone.
If you have the SMS notifications enabled on your account, you will receive a text message notifying you about the booking request. You can accept or decline the booking directly by simply replying to the text message.
When you receive a new booking request, a notification appears in your Dashboard above " New Booking Requests" and on the left-hand menu next to "Bookings".
Accepting booking requests
Besides accepting bookings directly from email or text message, you can accept, decline and reschedule booking requests from your Dashboard.
1. Click "Bookings" on the left-hand menu.
Booking Requests appear at the top of the list view under " Pending" or show up on the calendar viewwith an orange color highlight, .
2. Select the booking to see the details
The Booking Request includes the guest information, price summary, and guest comments. You can expand the price summary (green down arrow next to total) to see the price details.
3. Accept, decline or reschedule the booking
You can take a number of actions on the pending booking:
- Accept - When you accept a booking, the guest's credit/debit card is immediately charged the total booking amount and we collect the funds. Both you and your guest receive a Booking Confirmation email and the booking changes to a confirmed status. If there is a deposit on the tour, the deposit is collected and the remaining balance is scheduled to be automatically charged to the same credit/debit card before the tour.
- Decline - When you decline a booking, we release the credit/debit card hold on the guest's card and there is no guest charge. Your guest receives an email letting them know their booking request was declined. The booking changes to declined status.
- Reschedule - If you'd like to reschedule the booking to another time, please agree with the guest. Once agreed, you can simply change the time of the booking and then accept the booking for the new time. Once accepted, the guest's credit/debit card is immediately charged and the guest receives a confirmation email with the new time. When rescheduling, please be sure to accept the booking within 7 days otherwise the credit card hold and the booking will expire.
On a pending booking, you can also send a message to the guest and edit the guest information.
Once accepted, a Pending Request changes to a Confirmed Booking. The payment status will change to "Paid", or "Deposit Paid" in the case you require deposits.
Automatically Accepting Bookings
Automatically accepting bookings is good for group tours, where you have a set number of spots available and automatically accept multiple bookings until the capacity is filled. It can also be useful if you are happy accepting online bookings without reviewing them first.
Before enabling automatic bookings, be sure to set the correct maximum capacity for your tours. Bookings will be automatically accepted up to your maximum capacity. When the capacity fills for a certain timeslot, that timeslot is no longer available to book online. You can adjust maximum capacity for individual timeslot yourself. Learn more.
For automatically accepted bookings, when guests book your tour online they enter their credit/debit card information and are immediately charged the total booking amount or deposit when they submit the booking. The confirmation page lets them know the booking is confirmed and also receive an email confirming their booking request.
If you'd like to enable automatic booking, please contact us and we'll set it up for you.
You receive almost the same emails for automatically accepted bookings, except the ones that require you to accept or decline the booking. The confirmation emails and SMS notifications, as well as the messages on your Dashboard and AnyRoad Calendar, are processed as descirbed above.
If you get a lot of automatic bookings and would prefer not to receive the confirmation emails, we can enable selective confirmation emails for you. Instead of receiving all the confirmation emails, you will only receive one if a guest adds a comment or a question when they submit their booking. To enable this, just contact us.