Full Control Over Cancellations & Refunds
With the Extended Cancellations & Refunds Functionality, you have full control of your bookings and cancellations. You can cancel any booking and immediately issue refunds directly from your Dashboard. Whether you have selected to absorb the Service Fee into the experience price or charge it to your guests, AnyRoad allows you to quickly handle all credit/ debit card cancellations and refunds from your Dashboard with the below options:
- Partial Refund: Issue a refund only for the experience price, minus the Service Fee
- Full Refund: Issue a refund for the entire charged amount: the experience price and the Service Fee*
- Other: Issue a refund for a specific sum that you determine.
How to cancel and refund a booking
Cancelling a booking and issuing a refund takes only a few steps:
- Locate the booking from your Dashboard.
- Click on the specific booking to view the details.
- Scroll down until you see 3 buttons: Edit Booking, Send a message, and More.
- Click on More and then select Cancel Booking.
- After you click on Cancel Booking, you will be directed to the next page with an overview of the booking and the different options for the refund. Here you can select Refund Amount ( Partial, Full, or Other) and click on Next.
- On the next page, you can make a final check of the refund amount or write a message to your guests (optional).
- Click on Cancel & Record Refund to process the refund.
- The refund is now processed and the amount is credited back to your guest's credit/debit card. Please note that it takes approximately 5-10 business days for the refund to appear in your guest's credit card funds.
- Once you issue the refund, an automated email confirming the cancellation and the refunded amount is sent to your guest.
From this final page, you can review the refund and you can click on View Transaction History where all transactions are recorded, both payments and refunds.
When your guests book an experience that is set up for the Fee to be absorbed by them, they are charged for the experience price plus the service fee. For an experience set at $10 per person, your guests will pay $10 plus $1 Service Fee (total $11). If the Fee is set to be absorbed by you (partner), your guests pay only $10, while the Service Fee ($1) will be deducted from your payout ($9).
This is what you will see if the service fee is absorbed by the guest:
This is what you will see if the service fee is absorbed by you:
Cancellations and refunds for Experiences with Deposits
When your guests book an experience with a deposit, they are first charged for the deposit, and then the remaining balance is charged 7 days before the scheduled experience date.
Example: For an experience at $20 per person with the Service fee charged to guests and a 50% Deposit, your guests will pay $10 plus $1 Service Fee for the deposit upon confirmation. The remaining balance of $10 plus $1 fee will be charged 7 days before the tour takes place. Your guest will have paid in full $22 including the service fee.
When you refund a booking with a deposit, here is what you see in the transaction history:
The non-refundable service fee
*Please note that the service fee is non-refundable for all credit/debit card bookings as banking charges occur for all transactions placed through our platform. However, AnyRoad understands that in some cases such as cancellations due to bad weather, you may prefer to issue a full refund including the non-refundable service fee. Please note that if you opt to refund the entire amount including the Service Fee, then the fee will be automatically deducted from your Wallet and Payout.
If you have any additional questions, you can contact our Customer Experience team at firstname.lastname@example.org.