Setting up the Verifone Card Reader
The AnyRoad Verifone Card Reader connects to your FrontDesk app using Wi-Fi or its own sim card/network and supports card payments through swiping, chip+pin, or contactless payments.
Setting up the Verifone Card Reader (in other words Terminal) for the first time or after it has been restored is a simple process. Firstly, you need to connect the Terminal to the Wi-Fi Network and then Set it up using the AnyRoad Front Desk app.
How to connect the Verifone Card Reader to the Wi-fi Network
In order to set up your Verifone Card Reader (Terminal), you need to follow the steps below:
- Connect the power supply to your Terminal.
- Connect the Terminal to your Wi-Fi network.
- Since this is the first time you are using the Terminal or after the device has been restored, you will see the below screen:
- Press Board the terminal
- Press the Configure Network button on the display.
- Press 2.Wi-fi.
- Press 1.Wi-Fi to make sure the Wi-Fi is on.
- The terminal will begin scanning for Wi-Fi networks.
- Tap the name of the network and enter the password. If your network does not appear on the list, press Scan to search again for the available networks. In case you are using a secret network, press Add and enter the requested network details.
- The Terminal sets the network as default automatically and connects to it. You should notice a small tick next to your Wi-Fi Network. This means that it has been set as the default network. Next to the tick, you can see the signal strength icon.
- Exit the network menu to begin pairing the device with the AnyRoad app.
Please bear in mind that in order for the Terminal to connect to the Wi-Fi, the wireless network must be password protected and must not disconnect after a certain amount of time.
How to update the Network Settings on the Verifone Card Reader
If the Terminal has been activated but has been disconnected from the Wi-Fi or you need to update the Network Settings, you will see the following screen :
- Hold 9 and press the green Circle button next to the keypad to open the admin menu.
- Enter the PIN 9119 and press the green Circle button
Press 3.Add Network.
Tap the name of the network and enter the password. If your network does not appear on the list, press Scan to search again for the available networks. In case you are using a secret network, press Add and enter the requested network details.
The Terminal sets the network as default automatically and connects to it. You should notice a small tick next to your Wi-Fi Network, this means that it has been set as the default network. Also, next to the tick is the signal strength icon.
Setting up the Terminal on the AnyRoad Front Desk app
- Open the AnyRoad FrontDesk app on the iPad.
- Click on the Navigation Menu button in the top left corner.
- Select Settings at the bottom left of the screen.
- Click on the Hardware option
- In the Card Readers screen that comes up, select the Verifone option and then tap on Verifone Not Connected further down.
- Please follow the instructions displayed in the pop-up window that appears.
- You should now see the Connected status next to the Verifone option and your devices are linked.
Note: Please make sure that the Terminal is up to date with the latest Software Version.
If you have any additional questions, you can contact our Customer Experience team at firstname.lastname@example.org.