Setting up the MagTek iDynamo
The easy-to-install Magtek iDynamo swiper is a secure card reader for your iPad.
Setting up the MagTek iDYNAMO swiper
- Connect the Magtek iDynamo card reader into the iPad's lightning connector before you open the FrontDesk app.
- Open the AnyRoad FrontDesk app on the iPad.
- Click on the top left Navigation Menu button
- Select Settings at the bottom left of the screen
- Tap on the Hardware option.
- Make sure the Card Readers option is selected.
- Select the Magtek checkbox under the Select a Card Reader for Taking Payments Label.
- Make sure that next to the MagTek option you see the Connected status.
Important Note: The Magtek charges itself from the iPad. If you need to charge the iPad, you can connect a micro USB cable into the USB port on the back of the Card Reader and the other end of the cable to the iPad’s charging adapter. Please bear in mind that leaving the micro USB cable attached all day can cause damage to the charging port on the reader.
If you have any additional questions, you can contact our Customer Experience team at email@example.com.