Scheduling an Online Experience in Zoom
Follow the steps below to set up your Zoom for optimal live online experiences:
1. Log in to your Zoom account in a web browser.
2. Go to Settings
3. On the Meeting tab of the Settings page, mirror the following options:
Note, you may want to turn Nonverbal feedback on, if you want to give your participants the option to interact with you while they are muted. Nonverbal feedback options include Raise Hand, Yes, No, Go Slower, Go Faster, Like, Dislike, Clap, Need a Break, and Away.
Note, you can also customize the Waiting Room with a logo and custom copy. Click here for step-by-step instructions.
Best practices for scheduling online experiences in Zoom:
- We recommend naming each Zoom meeting room the same as the name of your live online experience.
- If applicable, make sure you set a recurring schedule for your experience, and be sure to set an end date for recurrence.
- Enable the setting that requires a password to enter the Zoom meeting to ensure only booked guests attend.
- Set the default settings to mute the participants' audio and video as they enter the meeting, to ensure that you continue your experience uninterrupted as new guests log in to the event.
- Enable the Waiting Room option, so that you may admit participants into the meeting as they arrive, at a time that is not disruptive to others attending the event.
- Disable participant screen-sharing unless permitted or requested by the host.
- Make sure you save your selections before exiting the Settings tab on your Zoom account.
We recommend conducting at least one trial run, either internally or with the AnyRoad team, before your first live experience with each new host.
As your partner in providing high-quality experiences, AnyRoad can work with you to ensure guests will be able to see, hear, and focus on your host and your branded experience.
Feel free to contact us anytime on firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or reach out to your Account Manager to get started.