FAQ for Brands & Hosts
Below you can find a list of FAQs including everything from how digital experiences fit into a brand's experiential strategy, to answers about pricing digital experiences, to the logistical questions about implementation.
Experiential Strategy FAQ
- What should our Online Experiential Strategy be? Why should we do this?
Online Experiential Strategy is highly dependent on your brand. However, most are finding that strategically focusing on one or two of the following creates the best online experiences:
- Guest Engagement
- Building Community
- Education & Development
- Brand Conversion & Loyalty
Brands could consider offering online experiences for a variety of reasons from revenue generation to staff utilization to increased customer reach (e.g. a local in Canada may not travel to Barbados for a cocktail making class, but may be more likely to attend from home)
- Why would we use AnyRoad instead of a video provider (e.g. Zoom, Instagram Live, Facebook Live) on its own?
Generally, third-party video platforms offer limited data analytics, and there is no proven ROI or brand conversion data on how experiences perform. Additionally, third-party platforms can require time-consuming and expensive integrations with your existing systems to find meaningful trends or patterns.
With open social platforms, anyone can join and the moderator has no control over how guests participate. The lack of a pre-registration gate means it is easy for guests to attend the experience without providing meaningful feedback or insights about audience engagement or demographics.
- Does this replace physical experiences?
Online Experiences are a complement to physical experiences. AnyRoad’s philosophy is that experiential marketing a multi-sensory component to them (e.g. a crafting class where the participants have the materials at home).
Our advice for brands is to leverage online experiences to enhance the holistic experiential strategy by:
- Building interactive content
- Bridging the physical and digital gap by selling physical goods with these experiences (e.g. sending a 6-pack sampler pack to attendees of a beer tasting)
- Personalizing the content using data and tech-forward tools (e.g. pre- and post-experience questions, in-experience polling, multiple hosts, screen sharing, etc)
- What data will I be able to capture on experience attendees?
AnyRoad’s entire ERM suite is available for Insights collection on AnyRoad atHome. The data collected is comprehensive, and will be tailored to your KPIs and strategy, but can include data such as brand conversion, net promoter score, customer demographics, and baseline metrics on attendance, revenue, capacity utilization, and satisfaction.
- Do I own this data?
Yes, brands have full ownership and visibility over the data collected in Online Experiences. A
- What data will we receive from Zoom? Are the drop-off rate and time spent included?
This depends on the video platform that you choose. Please refer to your video provider.
- What price should we charge for the experiences?
Pricing for online experiences can be different than in-person activities and should be anchored in a brand strategy for offering online experiences. Pricing depends on the type of experience offered and the quality offered.
For instance, a 1:1 coaching for industry professionals on distilling could be extremely valuable, while a 1:20 rum tasting could be $5 per person.
There is an appetite from consumers to pay for online experiences. To price experiences, consider the following factors:
- Size of audience: smaller audience = higher price, larger audience = lower price or free
- Quality of host: VIP (e.g. master distiller) or expert host = higher price, more junior host = lower price or free
- Duration of the experience: we recommend a duration of 2 hours or shorter for maximal engagement
- Level of personalization and interactivity: very hands-on, time for Q&A, personal attention = higher value and price
- What content works best for online?
High quality, interactive content works best, because demonstrations without interaction can easily be found on other channels. Hosts must have telepresence and be skilled with the video platform you choose (e.g. Zoom).
Additionally, the presented content must be rehearsed - this can be coordinated with AnyRoad. Keep in mind that some items that are engaging in person do not always translate equally well to video. Finally, consider investing resources into high quality video, audio, and lighting. Small improvements can make a big difference to the guest experience.
- How large should the audience be?
This should be linked to the brand's strategy (e.g. if building a tight-knit community or brand loyalty, choose smaller audiences).
AnyRoad recommends offering experiences that are interactive, which typically means audiences of 20 or fewer per host. This could be increased if there are multiple co-hosts available to provide audience interaction and support.
- How much will this cost?
AnyRoad atHome is currently included in most AnyRoad subscriptions. For additional pricing questions, please contact your Account Manager. Brands will also need a license with their preferred video provider. AnyRoad can provide recommendations on which licenses and levels of permissions are preferred for seamless guest experiences.
- If the events we are hosting are free but we are asking for donations to charity, do we still need to charge credit card processing fees?
Yes, credit card processing fees apply to any online transaction, including transactions that will be donated.
- How long does it take to implement this product?
AnyRoad atHome Setup can be completed in a few minutes for existing AnyRoad users. New AnyRoad users who do not currently have an AnyRoad account will require additional time to onboard with AnyRoad. Onboarding timelines can be tailored based on the brand’s urgency and availability but can be completed in 1-3 weeks.
Often, additional time is required for the brand to build and experiment with content, market online experiences, and find the video provider that works best for their brand.
- Are you offering training or best practices guide?
Yes. Your Account Manager at AnyRoad will guide you through the setup and best practices. AnyRoad also offers this robust Help Center, FAQ, and technical guides for offering online experiences as part of your subscription.
Video Platform FAQ
- How do I choose the best streaming platform for my organization? What data do I receive from each platform?
Brands should choose a platform that matches their objectives. For instance, a different platform may be better suited for interactivity in small groups vs. a webinar style that is designed for one-way information sharing.
- What video platform should we use? Why?
After extensive testing, we have found that Zoom powers the best attendee and host experience, and the highest level of controls on content delivery.
- If we decide to use Zoom, do we need to purchase a license?
Yes. Please work with your Account Manager to find the appropriate license for you. AnyRoad recommends signing up for at least one Zoom Pro account to be able to extend your live online experiences beyond 40 minutes, as well as be able to access Zoom's advanced meeting room and user control features.
- Can I also use another video streaming service like YouTube or Instagram Live?
Possibly, though some are better suited to some strategies than others. A full comparison of video platform tools is coming soon!
AnyRoad has tested several platforms, and identified a few elements that are more conducive to atHome experiences:
- Live content, not pre-recorded
- High-quality video and audio capabilities
- Gated entry that requires participant registration
- Customizable settings and waiting rooms
- Permissioning and controls between host and individual participants
- Versatile options for interactivity between participant and host
- Can AnyRoad atHome be used for pre-recorded experiences?
We do not recommend offering fully pre-recorded experiences through AnyRoad atHome. Pre-recorded content is usually offered for free and distributed widely through platforms like YouTube or directly integrated into a content strategy and published on your blog or website.
- I have heard the recent news about Zoom not being safe, what are your thoughts on that?
All online video platforms have pros and cons. After researching, comparing, and working with several video platforms, we have found that Zoom is the best holistic platform, which has committed ongoing efforts to improved security settings due to exponentially higher demand during the Coronavirus pandemic. Zoom provides extensive resources and near-daily email updates to secure your online experiences.
Please consult with your in-house teams to ensure that you are choosing a video platform that works best for you, and work closely with your AnyRoad Account Manager to ensure that the quality of your provider meets your expectations for a delightful customer experience.
- How are Zoom accounts created?
Brands are responsible for creating and managing their Zoom accounts and meeting rooms.
- How do I start or join a scheduled online experience as a host?
As a host, you have several options when it comes to starting your online experience. You can either start the meeting from your Zoom desktop client (Mac, Windows, or Linux), from the Zoom app (Android or iOS), on your web browser (Chrome, Safari, Firefox) or your phone using your host key. We encourage you to host your live experiences on a Zoom desktop client, to ensure optimal video and audio experience for your guests.
Click here to read more about the available options.
- How are Zoom meeting links distributed to guests?
As soon as guests sign up for a live online experience, they will receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to join the experience in Zoom. Please be sure that as a host, you are joining and starting the proper experience that guests are joining.
Click here to read more about guest emails and instructions to joining Zoom meetings.
- Can a single Zoom account be used for more than one experience?
Yes. Schedules should be carefully managed to avoid overlap. In a 2-sided marketplace setup, each Resource should have their own Zoom Pro account.
- Why is it important to enable waiting rooms in Zoom meetings?
Zoom's waiting room feature allows the host to control when a participant joins the meeting. You can choose to admit guests one by one or hold all attendees in the waiting room and admit them all at once. Hosts should admit guests who appear on the Manifest of Guests in the Experience in AnyRoad.
Additionally, waiting rooms help brands manage guests that show up before the scheduled start time, which will give you time to set everything up on your end before you begin your presentation.
Click here to read more about enabling and managing waiting rooms for Zoom meetings.
- Can I mute participants upon entering my Zoom meeting?
Yes. You can mute all the guests that are already in the meeting, as well as new participants joining. For an optimal experience, we recommend adjusting your Zoom settings to mute participants by default when they enter your meeting.
To do so, follow the instructions in Scheduling an Online Experience in Zoom.
Click here to read more about muting and unmuting participants in Zoom.
- How do I manage or disable the chat in Zoom?
As the host, you can control if the participants are allowed to chat, and who they can chat with. You can also disable the chat for all guests or disable private chat, so participants cannot send private messages.
Click here to read more about controlling meeting chats.
- How do I manage file sharing in Zoom meetings?
File transfers in Zoom meetings allow you and your guests to send files to other participants, during the experience, through the in-meeting chat. We recommend disabling file sharing.
Click here to read more about managing chat file transfers.
- How do I remove a participant from a Zoom meeting?
Hosts and Co-Hosts can manage the participants in a Zoom room, and monitor the actions they are allowed to make within the meeting. Hosts and Co-Hosts can also place participants back in the waiting room or remove them permanently from a meeting room.
Click here to read more about managing and removing participants from your meeting room.
- Can a participant I removed from a meeting room re-join?
By default, if you remove participants from the webinar, they will not be able to rejoin using the same email address.
Click here to read more about managing participants removed from meeting rooms.
- What devices and browsers is Zoom most compatible with?
Zoom is compatible with most operating systems (e.g. macOS, Windows, Ubuntu, Linux) and browsers (e.g. Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge).
Click here to read more about system requirements.
- Where can I find more information and instructions on using Zoom?
Zoom has a lot of helpful material and tutorial videos on their Help Center, which can be found on support.zoom.us