COVID-19 Reopening Considerations Checklist
As the world slowly starts to reopen following the COVID-19 pandemic, AnyRoad has put together some operational suggestions that you can use to ensure a safe and seamless reopening process.
- Follow local ordinances and requirements.
- Make experience check-ins contact-free using Apple Wallet and e-ticket QR scans.
- Require online or QR-based registration and payments to reduce in-person transactions.
- Update experience schedule to allow time to disinfect spaces and allow physical distancing.
- Set up physical spaces (classrooms, visitors centers, tasting rooms) to ensure ample distance between people
- Reduce experience group size limits
- Diversify experiences to include Private, By-Request, and Online experiences and adjust prices accordingly
- Consider alternatives to shared touchpoints (e.g. glassware, tools, or utensils) to minimize contamination
- Utilize outdoor spaces and contact-less pickups for products and experiences where permitted
- Update the physical flow of experiences to maximize Guest distancing
- Update Experience descriptions to include precautions taken during the experience (e.g. mask, hand sanitizer, glassware) and to proactively set Guest expectations
- Rewrite Guest confirmation emails with reminders about health & safety
- Update Guest checkout questions to include email opt-ins as well as health & safety questions
- Add a waiver to Guest checkout, releasing brand liability and ensuring Guest is aware of any new policies
- Update post-experience questions to gain Feedback about Guest perception and overall safety
- Revisit add-on options and pricing, consider selling extra masks, take-home glassware, etc.
- Add Guest self-reschedule option to encourage guests to reschedule if they feel unwell or if travel is disrupted
- Update cancellation policy to be Guest-friendly; encourage Guests to reschedule if they feel unwell
Marketing and Communications
- Coordinate with Marketing on communications & newsletters to promote re-opening and the safety measures taken to protect Guests and Team Members
- Plan campaigns to email list
- Leverage discount codes and promotions to drive Guest traffic in near-term following re-opening
- A/B Test different types of experiences (e.g. online vs. in-person) to measure Guest satisfaction and other KPIs
- Offer branded merchandise like masks and hand sanitizer for Guests and Team Members
- Collect email opt-ins on Guest checkout
- Leverage guest location data to target local guests for on-site experiences, and distant guests for online sessions