How to Add a Booking Button
Below you will find instructions on how to create your booking button (same process for all types of websites), followed by instructions on how to install the button you created on various types of websites as well as Facebook.
Create a Booking Button
1. Go to " Settings" in your Dashboard and choose "Website Integrations".
2. Select " Add a Book Now button to your website or Facebook page".
3. Chose a color for your button and type the text you would like to see on your button (optional). You will see the Button Preview adjust as you change the settings. You can also click the "Book Now" button to see exactly how the link will work on your own website.
4. Copy the code that appears in the window below the Button Preview, by clicking " Copy Text" or select all and press Cmd + C (or Ctrl + C on Windows).
Pro Tip #1:
By default, the Booking Button links to the first page of your Booking Site that lists all of your tours. You can modify the code to link to a page for a specific tour by simply replacing the URL in the code with the specific URL of your tour (see below).
By default, the Booking Button links to the first page of your Booking Site that lists all of your tours.
You can modify the Booking Button to link to a page for a specific tour:
And then paste that tour page URL into the code:
Pro Tip #2:
You can change the color of the Booking Button to any color you'd like even if you don't see it in our small selection by replacing the color hex code with your own. Here's a handy reference website to choose a hex code.
Install Booking Buttons on your Website
Choose what type of website you have and follow the instructions.
WordPress: How to Install a Booking Button
Once you have copied the code for the Booking Button, here's how to install it in WordPress.
1. Sign into your WordPress website and go to the page where you want to add your Booking Button.
2. Click on " Text" on the right-hand side.
3. Paste the Booking Button code into the area on the page where you want it to appear.
4. Click on “ Visual” to make sure that everything works. If yes, click on “Update” and “Preview Changes”.
Congratulations, your “Book Now” button is now live!
Wix: How to Install a Booking Button
Once you have copied the Booking Button code, here's how to install it in Wix.
1. Sign into your Wix website and go to the page where you want to add your Booking Button.
2. Click on the "+" on the left-hand side, and then click " More", then click "HTML Code".
3. Paste the Booking Button code into the area on the page where you want the button to appear. Be sure to choose " Code" up top and click "Update".
Congratulations, your “Book Now” button is live!
How to Install a Booking Button everywhere else
Once you have copied the Booking Button code, here's how to install it.
- Log into your website as an administrator and find the area where you can view and edit the HTML.
- Simply paste the Booking Button code into the area on the page where you want it to appear.
- Once saved, your Booking Button is live. Congratulations!
Having problems? Contact Us and we'll help you out!
Here are some key insights we have gathered:
The location of your ‘Book Now’ button will have an impact on how well your guests interact with it. Therefore, it must be placed in a location that will grab your guests’ attention.
- It should be located in an easy to find a
spotthat follows the flow of your current web page. Generally speaking, eyes move from left to right, and top to bottom. Therefore, a good spot for your “Book Now” button is on the right top side of your website. For instance, if you have a header menu bar, your last menu item should be the book now button.
- Another good place to have a book now button is on your homepage where you mention your tours. You want a ‘Book Now’ button to appear on your most viewed page, and on the pages where several of your tours appear. Keep in mind that you want to make the button the most obvious action for users of your site.
- Where person ends up reading something and would look to learn more/book now
The color of your ‘Book Now’ button is very important.
- To encourage users to click on the button, you should pick a color different from the overall color scheme of your web page.
- You should also choose a color that stands out from the background.
The human brain looks for words that are familiar, therefore keep in mind that although you have the choice to customize the text, do not unleash your creativity too much. Instead, keep it brief with a couple of words, not more than five, and be sure that it is action-oriented and begin with a verb like “Book” or “Reserve”.