Below you can find a list of the most common issues of the MagTek iDynamo and ways on how to resolve them. You can also check the device's Quick Installation Guide for more information.
iPad not charging properly with MagTek
You can charge the iPad by connecting the Magtek with the iPad charger via the USB-C cable.
- Remove iDynamo and connect the power supply directly to the iPad to make sure the device charges properly.
- Check the USB-C port (see image above) on MagTek, the lightning port of the iPad, and the cable to make sure they are not dirty or damaged. You can follow the instructions here on how to clean the MagTek.
- Try using a different USB cable and/or a different original iPad charger.
- Try a different power outlet.
Card Not being Accepted
This is usually caused by a problem with the connection between the iPad and the MagTek.
- Close the AnyRoad FrontDesk app by double-tapping the home button and swiping up the app.
- Disconnect the iDynamo from the iPad.
- Restart the iPad.
- Plug the iDynamo back into the iPad.
- Open the AnyRoad app.
- Try to run a credit transaction.
- Make sure the card is oriented so the magnetic stripe passes inside the MagTek facing the rear side.
- Try a different card in case the one used is damaged.
- Clean the read head by swiping a cleaning card through the MagTek or consult the MagTek Devices Safety and Maintenance on how to clean the device.
Card declined and Decline both mean the attempted charge was refused by the customer’s bank.
- Try charging the customer's card again.
- Try a different card or form of payment.
For more information, you can consult the Installation and Operation Manual of the device.
If you have any additional questions, you can contact our Customer Experience team at firstname.lastname@example.org.